K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Sourcecode inspection

#1 by Lomba1986 , Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:04 am

Dear all,
sorry I checked into the manual but I don't find any information. What is it the sourcecode inspection?
Is possible see the current line that is executed on the controller? If yes how is possibile active it?

Thanks in advance

Lomba1986
Date registered 06.21.2024

RE: Sourcecode inspection

#2 by cquante , Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:18 pm

"Source Code Inspection" is very simple: You click the big green eye button to activate that function. Then if you mover the mouse cursor over a known variable, the online content of that variable will be shown. It's a non-cyclic inspection methode.

Seeing the actual command is not possible.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by Lomba1986 , Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:50 am

Thanks.

Another questions about this... do you think that in the future will be possible see the actual command? I order to provide remote support is very useful and also for debug.

Lomba1986

#4 by Mr.T , Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:43 pm

Zitat von Lomba1986 im Beitrag #3
I order to provide remote support is very useful and also for debug.

a STATUS (or sta) message can be sent from the console to check the actual status of the program and movement.

Mr.T  
Mr.T
Date registered 02.08.2021

#5 by Lomba1986 , Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:33 pm

You are right, but see the current instruction in real time is on another level.

Is the same for K-IDE... in the post there was Notepad++ with Kawasaki plugin and it works perfectly but K-IDE on another level to program... This is my personal idea

Lomba1986

#6 by cquante , Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Dear Lomba,

Zitat von Lomba1986 im Beitrag #5
You are right, but see the current instruction in real time is on another level.

What would you expect when saying "realtime"? A command in the AS language (if it's not a move command) is normally computed within milliseconds. If the K-IDE tries to read the current program state, it has to establish a monitor command that @Mr.T mentioned. As it is a multi-line-result command, it will take some time to send and receive the result (guess 800 ms). Than the K-IDE has to calculate things and bring the results to the screen. At the time when the information is shown, the program execution may be around 100 lines further. I don't think you'll get something that gives you more information about what happens in your program.

Please take a look at "Program Execution Log" for a better way of inspecting the program flow!

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#7 by Lomba1986 , Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Thanks for your suggestions about log.

But, just to explain better my point of view is a way to see on my pc during the remote support what the operator see on the pendant when a program is executed.

Try to guess the scenario: the operator perfomr step-by-step the program in order to understand where is a bug...and the programmer that is in remote support must be perform "status command" continuosly in order to follow him.
Other system just show directly this information on the screen and who perform the remote support can see what happen...

In any case thanks for your time

Lomba1986

Regenerate

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz